Sunday, 2 September 2012

ADELAIDE BEAUTY CONFERENCE 2012.

jacket: dotti
top: witchery
pants: american apparel
shoes: i love billy (old)
necklace: diva
nails: opi 'honk if you love opi'

A quick post to show you what I wore yesterday. I won't talk too much about my outfit as it's exactly the same as the one in my last outfit post - you can see that here. I often get stuck on an outfit and wear it to death before moving onto something else. I'm currently stuck on this one - AA disco pants, my Witchery long sleeved slouchy top and Dotti biker jacket. It's the perfect mix of comfort and cool for me, and I love the look of the dipped him with the jacket.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to attend the Adelaide Beauty Conference hosted at the Media Makeup Academy. I started my blog as I wanted to join the blogging community and after only two months it amazes me that I've developed as many relationships as I have. It was lovely to put some of those twitter handles to faces and to meet some new bloggers in the community. The programme included a session with both Evo and The Purist Company, a blogger panel and a game of pictionary that had me on the edge of my seat. I thoroughly enjoyed myself (I was in bed by ten if that tells you anything about how exhausted I was when I got home) and found each of the sessions and the blogger panel insightful. As a new blogger it was a privilege to hear Melissa and Christina talk about their experiences as a blogger. I must give a bit phat shout out to the sponsors of the event - I've been lusting over the products in my goodybag all afternoon and can't wait to get stuck into them.

Rebecca.

24 comments:

  1. I thought your outfit was gorgeous! Especially those AA pants (cue: sigh). Was lovely to meet you and do science class/pictionary with you!
    Hopefully will see you at future meets.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you too, and yes, I will be at the October meets fo sure. I can't wait to see everyone again.

      Delete
  2. Its a great outfit, I can see why your stuck on it. I'm exactly the same I always get stuck on outfits : )

    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the necklace, such a cool outfit.

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great jacket :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a really great conference!! :)
    Ah dw I outfit repeat ALLL the time!

    x Stace

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg it's so awesome that you're from Adelaide! and i thought i was all alone haha

    thanks for visiting my blog, i've followed you back now! :)

    http://randomsofira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are not many of us are there?

      Delete
  7. Hi Rebecca, it was great catching up with you again at ABC! Hope to see you at meetups soon! Ps. I love that blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this outfit is gorgeous, looks totally effortless. Sounds like you had fun! (:
    Followed!
    www.tie-dye-eyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, it was lovely to meet some bloggers in Adelaide.

      Delete
  9. Nice to meet you on Saturday!!!!! Hope to catch up again at future meets. Cheers, Sarah-with-the-pink-flower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there for sure - it was a blast!

      Delete
  10. Haha, there's actually more bloggers from Adelaide than we give Adelaide credit for. For example, there's around 80 food bloggers in Adelaide, around 30 beauty bloggers (that I know of) and there's quite possibly more since I haven't had the chance recently to go digging for more. That's why events such as ABC is so brilliant - it lets bloggers know that they are not alone! Hope to see you at future meets!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .