Tuesday 11 June 2013

DEAR DIARY: I'M HERE.


After three flights, seventeen thousand and ninety-nine kilometres, six hours waiting, and a little over six hours sleep - I'm here! The jet lag delirium is starting to kick in - it's lunch time at home but midnight here - and I can feel myself getting closer and closer to a jet lag crash.

Two days of passports, boarding passes, security, and uncomfortable days and sleepless nights has left me feeling emotional and irrational. I dropped my jumper between the terminal and the car and I cried. I logged on to my social media accounts to see messages from friends and family and I cried. I looked out of the window at the view and I cried. I'm feeling confused and overwhelmed, happy and sad, a mix of emotions and my jet lagged body doesn't know what else to do but curl up under a blanket and cry. I know that it'll take a few days for me to find my feet, that it's okay to feel overwhelmed, and that I will be okay after a nap, and a few good nights sleep. Right now I feel so far away from home. I'm not just a quick drive away, I'm halfway around the world. 

Rebecca.

1 comment:

  1. i have no idea how i found your blog (i was cleaning out my bloglovin and followed your old blog which linked me to here) but i am currently traveling (studying abroad in spain) so this post was oh so relevant. lovely!

    -stephanie
    love-o-rama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .