Monday 16 July 2012

BRB. DOING A JIGSAW PUZZLE.

scarf: seed
top: sportsgirl
jacket: dotti
leggings: river island
necklace: sportsgirl
shoes: havaianas *
nails: american apparel 'galaxy glitter'

I love Mondays. I bet you don't hear that too often. For me, Mondays are about recovering from the chaos of the weekend and getting myself organized for the week ahead. I plan my meals (to ensure I don't buy too much, to reduce the amount of wasted food, and to keep an eye on what I'm eating) in the morning and get the grocery shopping done. Monday's are the best time as there's hardly ever anyone in the shops! Oh, rambling, sorry.

I saw a scarf tied like this - simple knots tied close to each end - in a store window and wanted to give it a try myself. I never wear scarf (apart from chunky knits when it's cold) because I find them hard to style and that they get in the way alot. A scarf and a clumsy girl equals disaster. I was drawn to this one from Seed - I love the grey and blue together, and the geometric tribal print is feminine yet has an edge. I wanted to keep the scarf the focus of my outfit so worn it over a plain white tee (which I can see is going to feature heavily in my late winter / early spring wardrobe) and black basics.

I thought the necklace complemented the scarf as it has a similar tribal geometric look. I love the overall look and am feeling braver about adding scarfs to my wardrobe. Flip flops? It was warm today (yay!) but it wasn't that warm today. My feet are the victims of some nasty blisters at the moment so I popped on the trusty thongs to give them some rest! 

Rebecca.

8 comments:

  1. Perfect "casual" outfit. Love how you've styled the scarf, and the necklace is gorgeous too. I'm on the hunt for the perfect leather jacket but can never seem to find one that's just right - this one is lovely though! You look fab :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your hunt! It took me ages to find this one - but it was worth it in the end!

      Delete
  2. your scarf is so beautifuf. i really love it. this outfit is perfect- simpe and cosy :)
    look i follow you for some time, and i really love your style and i'd love to read opinion about my posts. would you like to follow me back?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it - it was a cosy outfit! The weather was nice so I wasn't wearing my jacket half of the day!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE everything about this outfit. And that necklace...GORGEOUS!!
    Nat @ http://ichbinclamp.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it alot and it's starting to show!

      Delete
  4. Love your look and your scarf is so beautiful ! You do look pretty <3

    Fashion and Cookies
    If you want we could follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook !
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .