Saturday 7 July 2012

GOLDEN GIRL.

tunic: river island
leggings: river island
jacket: dotti
flatforms: betts
nails: sportsgirl's 'debut' and 'all that glitters'

A busy Saturday for me today - a run with my dad this morning (we're training for the city to bay for those Adelaidians reading) and then a birthday lunch. The sun came out today too - hooray! It was the first sun we've had in a few weeks after an unusually chilly winter. 

Gold isn't something I wear often, in fact, I could change that to never. I just don't like the way it looks on me and everything I've tried on in gold has never been flattering. I loved the geometric print on this tunic so put my fear of gold aside and ordered it. I'm glad that I did as I really like the way it looks. I picked up these gold nail polishes in Sportsgirl as I thought they would look nice with the gold of the tunic. I'm really impressed with the quality of them. They're not OPI but for five dollars each they're a great buy. I used 'all that glitters' over Essie's 'lilacism' for a speckled egg look that here that I really liked too. 

I'm wearing Sportsgirl's Bronzing Powder today too for the first time and am again impressed with the quality of it. It went on great and I didn't need too much product to get a great healthy glow. Instead of using blush I used the bronzing powder to build up a darker shade on my cheeks and am really happy with the look it created. I'll be taking a good look at the beauty products next time I'm in Sportsgirl.

Better go now, there's a piece of leftover birthday cake and a hot chocolate calling my name!

RCB.

6 comments:

  1. Love your nails! Now following you :) xx

    http://sophiaxblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did turn out okay didn't they? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love the jacket and the nails! Following you now :)
    taylor
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't taken the jacket off - you can probably tell by my outfits posts. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love your nail polish! ~ www.mlncrd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very impressed with the quality and look too! I can see myself adding more to my collection!

      Delete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .