Thursday 19 July 2012

I'M WIDE AWAKE.

jumper: blessed are the meek
tank top: agent ninety nine
jeans: bardot
shoes: i love billy
necklace: diva
nails: opi 'pamplona purple'

I had a fabulous start to my day today. I pulled out my skinny jeans - these ones are from Bardot - to find they were a little loose around the waist. I watch what I eat closely and try to eat as healthily as I can, but I still do eat naughty things from time to time. It was nice to know that by making a few changes to my diet and learning more about what I'm eating has paid off and that I've trimmed down around the tummy a little. I know I'm not overweight and you're probably thinking that I'm mad but my weight fluctuates like a yo-yo so I do like to keep an eye on it.

Back to my outfit. I rarely wear jeans - I find them restrictive and uncomfortable - which is why I prefer to wear a thicker legging (these Ponti Panel ones from River Island are my favourites by far) than jeans. I can never find a pair that fit me nicely either - they're always miles too long. I've tried rolling them up at the bottom but I personally feel this ruins the whole skinny look. However, when I popped these on in Bardot (earlier this year) they didn't look all bad and are a little more comfortable that anything else I've tried. Black jeans are a staple and aren't going to go out of fashion so I keep them in my wardrobe and pull them out from time to time. Today I rolled them up so the bottom of the jeans sat on my ankle as I really the like the slightly cropped chino look - I don't feel as short and stumpy wearing them like this either.

I love dipped hem jumpers - they're great for wearing over leggings as they cover your bum and the cropped front seems to elongate my legs making me look taller (I hope!). This one is a bit of a pain in the bum as it catches on almost everything if I'm not careful. It's very thin so it's great to wear over layers in winter and by itself in warmer months and the colours are very me - it was hard to not buy this when I saw it!

Oh, before I go I've got to tell you about my giveaway. My first giveaway can be found here. Anyone can enter, regardless of where you are - good luck!

Rebecca.

14 comments:

  1. i love violet nails and your sweater is so cool!

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one awesome jumper. I love how long your necklace is too. :)

    Vanese
    vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I like longer necklaces. They just look nicer on me.

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit so much! The jumper looks amazing with the necklace! You look so cool!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only bad things is that I catch the jumper on everything!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was a little more than I'd usually spend on a jumper but I think it's worth it!

      Delete
  5. Cute outfit! I love that jumper, it really ties the outfit together :)
    You look great!
    - Rhiannon
    laviedelamourx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jumper is absolutely gorgeous! You've got some great style going on :)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back to get it because I couldn't stop thinking about it. Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Love the jumper!! I love the dip dye/ombre trend that is currently about, it gives such an interesting look! :)

    http://littleefaelin.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it more interesting doesn't it? I really like ombre too!

      Delete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .