Wednesday 11 July 2012

KILLER PYTHON.

jacket: dotti
t-shirt: sportsgirl
leggings: ambra
shoes: i love billy
necklace: sportsgirl
nails: american apparal 'galaxy glitter'

I'm feeling pretty good today after my overwhelming emotional wardrobe cleanse yesterday. I didn't think that I would have such a strong emotional response to what seemed like a relatively simple task but alas, I did, and I felt pretty crappy. You can read it here, if you'd like. I'm committed to maintaining my new clutter free wardrobe and am going to be keeping a much closer eye on my finances from now on.

I finally got my hands on a bottle of American Apparel's 'Galaxy Glitter' Nail Lacquer and wanted to show this off so went with a classic black and white outfit today. My favourite biker jacket, of course, and these cargo leggings which I bought on sale for around nine dollars, paired with one of my favourite basics from Sportsgirl - the plain white tee. The basics at Sportsgirl rock! As I'm petite, I find alot of basic t-shirts don't fit or look flattering on me, Sportsgirl's basic t-shirts fit great and look alot more flattering on me. The Sportsgirl basics range is reasonably priced too which is nice - it is Sportsgirl after all!

How cool is Galaxy Glitter? As I'm typing the huge chunks of glitter are catching the light and I'm mesmerised by it. It was a tad difficult to apply though, as the usual method (a stroke on the middle of the nail, then one on each side) didn't distribute the glitter as nicely as I'd have liked and I found the the glitter clung to the brush. The best way to apply it is to blob it on. Two coats of 'blobbing' gave me enough glitter. I then applied two coats of OPI's top coat to smooth it over (the glitter felt like it might catch on clothes) and make sure the chunks of gorgeous glitter wasn't going to fall off. I'm not looking forward to taking it off (why are glitters so hard to remove?) but I'm so in love with it I feel I just might keep it on forever! 

Rebecca.

16 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! I really need a pair of simple black flats in my wardrobe. Super cute!
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have been worn to death - I really need to replace them!

      Delete
  2. Love your biker jacket x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your nails are so cute! :) love the outfit too!

      anansays.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. I'm in love with the nailpolish. It won't be coming off anytime soon!

      Delete
  3. I love your nails :)
    amazing post!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. I couldn't recomend Galaxy Glitter enough!

      Delete
  4. your style is amazing, i love this white tshirt. and you hair <3
    i've checked few your posts and i really like your blog so i add you to followers <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou for following. I'll check out your blog now.

      Delete
  5. Love your leather jacket! After being unsure about them to start off I'm now dying to get my hands on one! Great blog too!

    http://littleefaelin.blogspot.co.uk/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The look was a little masculine to me when I first tried one on but as soon as I found one that was fitted it looked alot more girly - it's definetly in the fit!

      Delete
  6. I'll check out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, I'll have a look at yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this,followed your blog here and on bloglovin x
    devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .