Friday 27 July 2012

OFF THE SHOULDER.

dress: lax (old)
jacket: dotti
gillet: sportsgirl
tights: ambra
watch: timex
bracelets: diva
shoes: i love billy
nails: essie 'off the shoulder'

I wore this outfit to university on Thursday but in typical student starting back at uni after six weeks holidays style I didn't manage to find the time to blog about it until now. Although I love having a routine, and having to get back into a routine after the holidays I always take a week or two to get my time management skills back. The past few days have been really miserable and rainy so I wanted to wear as many layers as possible but still be comfortable enough to sit in class. I bought this dress ages ago from LAX ages ago at the time it was the most expensive piece of clothing I'd ever purchased but I've worn heaps, throughout all seasons so have got my moneys worth! It was a little longer originally and sat at a really weird length so I had the hem taken up a bit to make it slightly shorter and a lot more flattering. It's a full length, long sleeved shift dress and has fabric draped from the right shoulder down to the left waist so is great for hiding a bloated tummy! I threw on my biker jacket and faux fur gillet (of course) because  I love the combination and the two together keep me really warm - even when it buckets down, which it did! The shoes did nothing when it started to rain (I've made this mistake before!) so when I got home I had soaking wet feet. Granted the shoes are really old and worn and I do keep telling myself to throw them away. 

I've never been much of a pink girl before but thought I'd try 'Off The Shoulder' from Essie's Summer 2012 collection as it looked lovely in the bottle. After wearing it for a day I've decided that I AM a pink girl and will definitely be wearing this shade ALOT. I love the contrast between the grey, black and pink.

My skin is breakout city at the moment but I'm hoping that it's just a purge from the new cleanser I've been using. I'm not usually one to worry about covering blemishes up but these buggers are getting to me at the moment. My skin feels really hot and irritated, can anyone recommend a good soothing face mask?

Rebecca.

10 comments:

  1. Love the fur!

    Emma x
    http://howquicklytheglamourfades-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so inlove with your jacket, stunning! <3

    Hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took weeks of trawling the shops and online stores to find it but I've been wearing it ever since!

      http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
  3. I just love your jacket and the bracelets, AMAZING OUTFIT <3
    Just started following youuu and I'm addicted to your blog

    http://takingovertheworldapairofshoesatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that nail polish color! Essie is becoming one of my fave nail polish brands :)
    xx
    I Shop, Therefore I Am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish you could buy it in more stores in Australia - the ONE stockist never has much.

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit so much, you've put it together so nicely!

    llrfx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .