Friday 27 July 2012

ROAR.

dress: asos
jacket: dotti
tights: ambra
shoes: betts
necklace: diva
nails: essie 'off the shoulder' and 'fear or desire'

It was actually boyfriend who suggested that I wear this dress today when I was um-ing and ah-ing  in front of my wardrobe. I'm not sure if he actually thought I should wear it, was been silly or just suggested the first thing he saw so that I'd put something on and not stand there for ages. I don't wear alot of leopard print as it tends to be a little out there for my taste but every now and them something comes along that catches me eye. I really liked the fit of this dress (however, as I learnt today it's not a good idea to wear a swing dress on a windy day) and thought I'd take a risk and buy it. Still not sure about the print I thought I'd wear it with black tights (these fleecy ones from ambra are my favourites for winter) and my biker jacket to downplay the print a little. I added a snood (love that word!) before I left as it was chilly (again!) today. Boo!

I added an accent nail this morning as I really wanted to try out another nail polish from the Essie summer collection. While I couldn't call 'Fear or Desire' a neon, it does come really close and is a lovely bright orange. I'm thinking about walking down to American Apparel to have a look at their nail polishes and potentially (read: definitely) adding a few to my (rapidly growing) collection. Do you have an favourite AA nail polish shade? I really like the neon green!

Rebecca.

22 comments:

  1. jajjajaja love uh-ing in front of the wardrobe I do that quite a bit to!! Great idea from your bf! And the idea of he nails is so so cool!! By the way I am going to star a college/back2school series maybe you are interested in leaving a request for me to do as a post or video.
    Follow me if you like my blog !:)
    www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. again- your nails <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your outfit looks amazing! you are very beautiful and i like the other outfits, too<3

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my bf did know what he was doing when he said to wear it!

      Delete
  4. great jacket and nails!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love fear or desire shade! And the jacket:) I bought a leather jacket last week cant wait to wear it when the weathers a bit cooler:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be wearing it as much as I can before summer!

      Delete
  6. you look sooooo nice! your jacket is amazing. thanks for commenting on my blog, i love yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such gorgeous hair! jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using a new shampoo and I love the results too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I've been wearing it non-stop since I got it.

      Delete
  9. great blog! trying to follow it via gfc but not working, have to try later! such a cool outfit i love prints! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bugger - I hope it starts working soon! Prints aren't usually my thing but I was drawn to this dress!

      Delete
  10. I love swing dresses - so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. rocking the leopard print! x

    http://iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .